The shade of red on a rose must be highly associated with romance or passionate love. Yet, does the meaning remain the same if it’s in the shape of mold? Whatever it is, a mold is a mold.
That’s another name of fungus carrying bad impacts on humans’ health. The presence of colonies signifies that your home is getting brittle now. Find more about red mold below!
Table of Contents
1. What is Red Mold?
As a matter of fact, the red mold is a type of yeast. At a glance, it’s pretty tough to spot this organism. It’s often overshadowed by black mold. You need to understand that red mold never lives alone. It’s always accompanied by others especially the dark ones.
At home, the red stuff frequently inhabits building materials like vinyl flooring, walls, carpets, and not to mention the wall paneling.
Unfortunately, some still consider that red mold and pink mold is the same. If you can’t distinguish the difference due to the identical appearance, be sure to check out how their surroundings look like.
Pink mold is frequently found in bathroom areas populating your bathtub and sink. Meanwhile, red mold (as it’s clarified previously) loves living in materials from the wooden board to drywall.
What about red mold on bread? Is the variety as similar as the one sticking to your home areas? In the scientific field, the fungus is better known as Neurospora.
Formed in spreading colonies, Neurospora actively generates ascomata. Not only is it dark-colored but it’s also hairy. Is it safe to devour the moldy baguette? For better prevention from being infected by disease caused by the mold, please, don’t eat it.
2. Is Red Mold Dangerous?
According to a credible source like quora.com, the red mold is not that hazardous. If you have an allergy to any shape of the mold, keeping it away is such a good thing. The possibility of being infected by red mold creating some symptoms usually goes up.
The red yeast itself doesn’t harm you headlong. Yet, it will be menacing if it’s supported by other molds – black mold for instance. Again if you are exposed by the mixed colonies, reach a doctor soon.
3. Easy Steps to Getting Rid of Red Mold
How to get rid of red mold? Simply take these following steps:
- First of all, you have to understand that proper precautions are important. Hence, be sure to don your protective gear including a mask, rubber gloves, and safety goggles. You deal with not only the bright red fungi but also some chemicals presumably harming you. Before the removal procedure is carried out, ensure to let your room properly ventilated. Open your doors and windows too.
- Locate the red mold along your house parts. The red stuff is usually found in spots with a high level of moisture. It can be in your bathroom cabinet, or it can decorate your drywall. As it’s quite hard to sight, be sure to watch carefully. Red mold often infests within the black mold. On a certain occasion, it turns its color.
- It’s time for the execution – and our focus now is the bathroom. To dispose of red mold in bathroom, you are able to make use of bleach. As the surface of the space is made up of tiles, relatively hard, combine bleach and water with a ratio of 1:3. Soak the rag in the solution and rub it on the surface thoroughly. Rinse the affected area with water and repeat this procedure if necessary.
4. Is There Another Alternative to Discard Red Mold?
It’s definitely yes. Unless you create the mold-killer mixture, you might apply chemicals specially designed to exterminate the life cycle of red mold.
Find a commercial product with a good reputation. At the market, it’s usually in the form of the spray bottle. If you’re still unsure how to use it, never hesitate to read the instructions carefully. Gently apply the product, leave it for a couple of minutes, and wipe it down.
Do you have plain cola in your fridge? Instead of gulping it down, make the most of it for mold removal purpose. Pour the dark liquid in the bowl and soak your sponge or rag in it. Then, apply it on the affected area.
When it comes to scrubbing, you can take full advantage of a soft-bristle scrub or just use your own toothpaste. Let it sit for 15 minutes, cleanse it, and wipe it with the dry towel. Finally, red mold in shower and other spots is away.
You can use the white vinegar too. The non-toxic way is arguably effective to kill the red mold. Our great recommendation is nothing else but the one that has been distilled. It’s perfectly matched with baking soda.
Then, pour the mixture into a spray bottle. When the application is highlighted, spray the area inhabited by mold species carefully. Let it sit for an hour and clean it with water.
5. You Don’t Need to Call a Professional to Solve Red Mold Problem
Basically, red mold doesn’t require a specific treatment when it comes to mold removal. The yeast can be cleared out with the simple mixture you can create at home. Either white vinegar or cola is such an amazing option. Hence, don’t hire a professional to cope with your mold issues. For sure, hiring makes you spend a lot of money.
6. How to Prevent Red Mold
As red molds love populating in a damp area providing the yeast nutrient, it’s vital that you care about your surroundings. Don’t let you space filled with high moisture. To do this, install the proper ventilation as well as keep opening the doors and windows in the morning. The sunlight helps to reduce the level of humidity.
In short, red mold infestation is less harmful than the rests of mold invading your home. It’s basically a type of yeast living together with other molds. To get rid of it is nothing yet trouble-free. You can benefit some ingredients like coke and white vinegar to effectively kill the mold.